2012 IMAG/MSM Events
* * * 2012 MSM CONSORTIUM MEETING -- OCTOBER 22-23, 2012, BETHESDA, MARYLAND * * *
2011 IMAG/MSM Events
2011 MSM CONSORTIUM MEETING -- OCTOBER 5-6, 2011, BETHESDA, MARYLAND
August 8th - August 19th, 2011 Joint User-Training Workshop "Developing Multi-Scale,Multi-Cell Developmental and Biomedical Simulations with CompuCell3D and SBW." Indiana University, Bloomington. For more information please visit 
Please also see workshop poster  for quick information
2010 IMAG/MSM Events
2010 MSM CONSORTIUM MEETING -- OCTOBER 27-28, 2010, BETHESDA, MARYLAND
- October 15th - 16th 2010 "Cell Behavior Ontology (CBO) Workshop 3", Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.For more information please visit . Please note that this is a follow up event to the International Conference on Systems Biology ICSB 2010. For more information about ICSB 2010 please visit 
- August 2nd - August 13st, 2010 Joint User-Training Workshop "Developing Multi-Scale,Multi-Cell Developmental and Biomedical Simulations with CompuCell3D and SBW." Indiana University, Bloomington. For more information please visit 
- Workshop Poster: Media: WorkshopPoster_2010_JAG_HS.pdf
- February 5, 2010; 1pm ET Rob Kunz, Penn State University - OpenFOAM as a Model Sharing Environment for Macro-Microscale Biomedical Simulation, Working Group 3
- January 31, 2010 Public Commentary on IMAG Futures Meeting ENDS, IFM Feedback
2009 IMAG/MSM Events
- December 15-16, 2009, IMAG FUTURES MEETING - The Impact of Modeling on Biomedical Research
- public roundtable discussion at NIH
- January 31, 2010 Public Commentary ends
- IFM Announcement
- Editorial in "IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering"
- Editorial: What Biomedical Engineers can do to Impact Multiscale Modeling (TBME Letters Special Issue on Multiscale Modeling and Analysis in computational Biology and Medicine: Part-2)
- Meet the Skeptics: Why Some Doubt Biomedical Models - and What it Takes to Win Them Over
- Kristin Sainani
- Biomedical Computation Review, June 5, 2012
- November 20, 2009 11:30-12:30pm ET Peter Coveney, Shantenu Jha, Daniel Katz - Applications of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure to Biology, Working Group 5
- July 27, 2009 4-5pm EDT Presentation by Benjamin Zaitlen - Cell Behavior Ontology(CBO) - relevance to biological modeling, challenges, opportunities and CBO workshop summary, Working Group 4
- July 23, 2009 4-5pm EDT Presentation by Dr. Roger Kamm - A computational model for cytoskeletal mechanics -- comparisons with cell and gel experiments, Working Group 1
- June 26, 2009 4-5pm EDT Group Presentation - Multiscale Modeling in Computational Biomechanics, Working Group 6
- June 23, 2009 4-5pm EDT Presentation by Dr. Stephen J. Smith Synapse Classification for Circuit Reconstruction: The Synaptome Meets the Connectome, Working Group 3 and Working Group 7
- March 13, 2009 3-4pm EST: Presentation by Dr. Dan Beard, Working Group 2
- March 13, 2009 4-5pm EST: Jim Bassingthwaighte, Herbert Sauro, Frank Bergmann Working Group 10 Powerpoint presentation: Media: UWgroup13mar09.ppt .....PDF version Media: UWgroup13mar09.pdf
- March 3, 2009 3-4pm EST: Presentation by Dr. Scott Delp, Stanford University, hosted by MSM Working Group 6.
- Title: OpenSim - an Open-Source Application for Musculoskeletal Modeling and Movement Simulations
- February 25, 2009 3-4pm EST: Dr. Rob Kunz at Penn State University will give a presentation, hosted by MSM Working Group 3.
- Title: Geometric and Fluid Flow Coupling Between Macro and Micro Scales in Respiration Simulation
- August 4-7, 2008: 3rd Annual Multiscale Modeling Consortium Meeting
- July 25, 2008 1-3pm EDT: Dr. Imran Shah of the EPA Virtual Liver Project, http://www.epa.gov/ncct/virtual_liver/index.html will speak on Virtual Tissues. This presentation to the IMAG/MSM will seed the discussion at the August 7, 2008 MSM Consortium meeting in Montreal on Virtual Tissues. Dr. Shah's project and interests intersect the fields of multiscale modeling, population modeling and pharmacology. The topic is highly relevant to our ongoing IMAG wiki discussion: Multiscale modeling for population studies.
- June 10, 2008 11-12pm EDT: Peter Cummings will present his report on the current state of multiscale modeling research around the world. Dr. Cummings visited various countries and research laboratories during the recent WTEC study on the International Assessment of Research and Development of Simulation Based Engineering and Science (SBE&S). Multiscale methods was one of the areas of focus.
- August 23, 2007, 1-2pm EDT: Jim Bassingthwaighte presentation on JSim Simulation System (open source software for modeling and data analysis) and the http://physiome.org website for model archiving.