The Cardiac Physiome Society's annual meeting will be held at the University of Toronto, Canada from Nov. 6th to Nov 9th, 2017. Opening reception at the Chelsea Hotel from 6:30 to 8:00 pm.Main meeting: The central theme, building on the past emphasis on electrophysiology and mechanics, is on linking these to metabolism. The overt goal is to foster bridging “silos of knowledge” into conciliated structured knowledge linking metabolism, signaling, electrophysiology and mechanics, and mathematical models. Topics include:
- Metabolic changes due to changes in electrophysiology and mechanics.
- Quantitative analysis in tissue engineering, growth processes, and signaling, including substrate influences, and substrate-specific receptors, e.g. FFAR1-5.
- Analyzing experimental findings via models of metabolism, excitation and contraction in health, exercise, hypertrophy and failure.
- Examining metabolic shifts, transcription regulation with remodeling, amino acid and protein metabolism, inflammatory responses.
- Training strategies in development and use of models in experiment design and analysis.
- Demonstrations of reproducible modeling for dissemination and archiving and applications of modeling in clinical diagnosis and therapy.
A tutorial / technical session (Thursday AM Nov 9th), is on computational methods modeling principles and practice semedition platforms, reproducibility.