Day 2: Thursday March 23, 2017
Moderators: Pankaj Qasba (NHLBI)
Donna Lochner (FDA)
- 1:40 - 2:00 pm: Bridget Wilson - scientist
- 2:00 - 2:20 pm: Marvin Slepian - clinician
- 2:20 - 2:40 pm: Victor Oancea - industry R&D Technology Director
- 2:40 - 3:00 pm: panel discussion
The objectives of this session are to provide perspectives from stakeholders - Scientist, Clinicians, Industry leaders - on how multiscale modeling has changed their own research, practice and commercialization efforts over the last decade; and how they view the acceptance level of end users for more widespread use of models in their fields.
Each of the three speakers in this session will have 15-minutes for presentations, with a 15-minute Q&A panel at end.
The specific charge to the speakers is to:
- present their background and how they came to use and embrace modeling for their own work;
- comment on how modeling has provided insight for their work, not otherwise provided by other means;
- discuss how their field has changed over the last decade in regard to the use and acceptance as computational models as part of standard practice;
- provide some ideas on how modeling could be further used in the future in their field.
Comments/Questions (please identify yourself):
Back to MAIN AGENDA
How would Dassault deal with
Q for Victor. How would Dassault deal with a sophisticated user who wants a model tweaked? Would it actually show its source code and allow the user to modify it?