2012 MSM Participants
Lister Hill Auditorium, NIH Campus, Bethesda, MD
- The Conference Center is located on the NIH Main Campus. You will need to go through security to get onto the campus.
- Closest Metro Stop:
- Medical Center Metro Station (Red line)
Hotel: Bethesda Residence Inn by Marriott
7335 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD
Dinner: Shangri-La Indian Nepali Cuisine
October 22, 6:30pm
- $30 (includes buffet + 1 drink, tax, and tip)
- From Hotel to Meeting: Enter the Bethesda Metro Station and take the red line north towards Shady Grove. Go one stops to the Medical Center Metro Station and exit. Walk straight ahead to the NIH Visitor's Gateway Center to go through Security.
- The Lister Hill Center (Building 38A) is just off Center Drive (which intersects with Rockville Pike), on the NIH campus. The Lister Hill Center is approximately 300 yards from the Medical Center stop on the Metro Red Line Parking.
- Metered parking for visitors is available in front of the main Library (Building 38) at a rate of $.25 in a 10-minute zone and $.50 in a 20-minute zone. Maximum charge is $6.00 for three hours. Please do not park in the "NIH EMPLOYEE ONLY" spaces or other spaces unauthorized for public use. You may be ticketed or towed.
- All guests to the NIH will be required to go through the NIH Visitor Gateway Center and show a photo ID to receive a temporary 1-day visitor's pass.
- Wireless is free on NIH and can be accessed using the NIH-Guest-Network
- Scribes for all session and open space topic discussions will post their notes on the wiki using the wireless access
2012 MSM Meeting Feedback
The 2012 MSM Consortium Meeting is summarized in the following abstract and presentation to the 4th Biosupercomputing Symposium (Tokyo,December 2012)
2012 MSM Consortium Meeting Agenda
Keynote Speaker: Martin S. Kohn, MD
- Watson, Cognitive Computing and Healthcare
Posters - with follow-up open space discussions
NHLBI Systems Biology Grantee Presentations
Special Session on MSM for Precision Healthcare:
National Academies Report on Precision Medicine (Free PDF)
2012 Open Space/Unconference discussions
2012 MSM Working Group discussions
- Multiscale Systems Biology Working Group
- Dan Beard, Mike King, Sasha Popel
- Biomechanics Working Group
- Ahmet Erdemir, Jay Humphrey
- Theoretical and Computational Methods
- Suvranu De, Vasilis Marmarelis
- Model Sharing Working Group
- Peter Hunter, Herbert Sauro
- Data Sharing Working Group
- Roger Mark, Jim Bassingthwaighte, George Moody
- High-Performance Computing Challenges in MSM
- Pratul Agarwal, Yufang Jin
- Clinical and Translational Issues Working Group
- Computational Neuroscience Working Group
- Population Modeling Working Group
IMAG and NHLBI Funding Iniative Pep Rally - grant applications and review issues -- how to move this field!